Terms and Conditions
beam.org is a website (called the "Website") operated by Beam ("We"). To contact us, please email [email protected]
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Website.
When using our Website, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
A member's campaign is called a Funding Campaign. We may need to update aspects of it, for example, the target or Budget Items, during its period of funding if relevant information changes.
We may also update the Funding Campaign if it is requested to do by the member or the organisation that referred them.
Donations towards one member's Funding Campaign are known as Direct Donations.
Donations made to multiple Funding Campaigns through one payment are known as Split Donations. Each Split Donation is split equally between all live campaigns at the time of that the donation is made.
We call Direct Donations and Split Donations together, Donations.
For identification purposes, you must only make Donations on your own behalf through your Supporter Profile.
Direct Donations may be spent before a Funding Campaign is fully funded if Beam believes that is in the best interests of the member.
If a Direct Donation takes the Funding Campaign beyond its target, a portion of that Direct Donation may be applied as a Split Donation to help other members.
Donations are not refundable.
Funding Campaigns include an additional default 10% to your donation to cover unforeseen costs, such as increases in the cost of training. This is known as the Contingency.
When we believes that unused Contingency will no longer be required for a particular member, it is moved into a shared contingency fund called the Contingency Fund which will be used at our discretion exclusively to support other members' campaigns.
We may withdraw a Funding Campaign if the member wishes to end their campaign or if, following discussion with the member and the organisation that referred them, we believes that withdraw the Funding Campaign is in the best interests of the member.
If we, the member or the organisation that referred them withdraw the Funding Campaign which you supported, you will be notified and given the chance to choose the campaign that your Donation will be reallocated to. If you do not choose a new Funding Campaign within a reasonable timeframe, your Donation will be reallocated to the campaign that in our view needs it most in order to reach its funding target.
Gift Aid will be available to supporters if they complete a valid Gift Aid declaration, but subject to approval by HMRC of their claim.
All Gift Aid that we collect is applied by us as Split Donations.
If you choose, or you are provided with, access details as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your access code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected].
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our Website. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user, we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a corporate supporter: We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user: You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Website, or to make contact with other users of our Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You should consider obtaining professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing material that would be malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, our server or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack which is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and we will report it to the relevant law enforcement authorities. This may involve disclosing your identity.
Our Website is directed mainly to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other Website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
"Beam" is a UK registered trade mark of Beam. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless it is a part of material you are using as permitted above under 'How you may use material on our Website'.
Where our Website contains links to other Websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We will update and change our Website to improve the experience for you and our members to reflect changes to our services and our users' needs.
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and Beam ("We") under which you may access our website, beam.org (the "Website") operated by us.
This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Website. Your use of our Website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10637337 and we have our registered office at Work.Life, 13 Hawley Crescent, London, NW1 8NP.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: (A) any part of our Website; (B) any equipment or network on which our Website is stored; (C) any software used in the provision of our Website; or (D) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website ("Contributions").
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Harm or seek to harm our reputation
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.