5,475 people have made a donation to a campaign to date.
£942,258 has been donated in total.
Beam's supporters have funded 260 campaigns.
- 100% campaigns funded within 100 days*
- 25 days average time to fund
- £3,101 average campaign size
* excludes 1 person who withdrew whilst campaign was funding.
75.41% of those who have started work have sustained work for at least 13 weeks.
More info on how we define work here.
- 257 people supported
- 9.7/10 average rating of Beam experience
- 8.2/10 average job satisfaction after Beam
19 people have withdrawn so far. We track when during the journey they have withdrawn from Beam.
Read more about what happens when someone withdraws.
The 257 people on Beam have been referred by 41 partners:
14 people do not publicly list their referral organisation as disclosing this puts them at risk.
- 91 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - African
- 61 White - English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish/British
- 23 White - Other
- 19 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - Caribbean
- 17 Other ethnic group - Other
- 10 Other ethnic group - Arab
- 10 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - White and Black Caribbean
- 10 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - Other
- 9 Asian / Asian British - Other
- 6 Mixed/ Multiple ethnic groups - White and Black African
- 5 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - Other
- 3 White - Irish
- 1 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - White and Asian
- 1 Asian / Asian British - Indian
Learn more about Beam's diversity policy in our Diversity and Equality help section
Beam is a partnership between two organisations:
- The Beam Foundation - a registered charity that receives all donations and pays for items in the campaign budgets.
- Beam Up Ltd - a social enterprise which supports homeless people into work and builds technology.
To read about how this works, read our FAQ.
The cost of delivering Beam's service is made up by foundations and private funders.In 2018, the Beam Foundation's spending totalled £125,558. This breaks down as follows:
- Greater London Authority
- Social Tech Trust
- Three Oaks Trust
- 13 individual funders
If you are interested in helping to fund Beam you can email our CEO [email protected].
- £106,070 spent on campaign items
- £19,488 paid to Beam Up Ltd for Beam's support costs
- A further £86,785 is reserved for future expenditure on campaign items (for example, training that hasn't started yet)
- £82,678 mission support staff costs
- £158,921 technology and admin staff
- £4,289 technology costs
- £27,436 other admin costs
All of this spending was funded by donations.
In 2018, Beam Up Ltd's spending totalled £273,324. This breaks down as follows:
This spending was mainly funded by our funders with a small amount covered by the 10% service fee on donations.
Our public financial accounts are below: