9,829 supporters have made a donation to a campaign.
£3,212,369 has been donated in total.
Beam's supporters have funded 1096 campaigns.
- 100% campaigns funded within 100 days*
- 17 days average time to fund
- £2,508 average campaign size
* excludes 1 person who withdrew whilst campaign was funding.
81.23% of those who have started work have sustained work for at least 13 weeks.
More info on how we define work here.
- 1126 people supported
- 9.6/10 average rating of Beam experience from beneficiaries
- 9.5/10 average rating from referrers
- 7.9/10 average job satisfaction after Beam
135 people have withdrawn so far. We track when during the journey they have withdrawn from Beam.
Read more about what happens when someone withdraws.
The 1126 people on Beam have been referred by 85 partners:
15 people do not publicly list their referral organisation as disclosing this puts them at risk.
- 214 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - African
- 156 White - English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- 143 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - Caribbean
- 131 White - Other
- 43 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - Other
- 40 Asian / Asian British - Other
- 38 Other ethnic group - Other
- 29 Other ethnic group - Arab
- 29 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - White and Black Caribbean
- 22 Prefer not to say
- 21 Asian / Asian British - Indian
- 12 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - Other
- 12 Mixed/ Multiple ethnic groups - White and Black African
- 10 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - White and Black African
- 9 White - Irish
- 4 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - White and Asian
Learn more about Beam's diversity policy in our Diversity and Equality help section
Beam is a partnership between two organisations:
- The Beam Foundation - a registered charity that receives all donations and pays for items in the campaign budgets.
- Beam Up Ltd - a social enterprise which supports homeless people into work and builds technology.
To read about how this works, read our FAQ.
The cost of delivering Beam's service is made up by foundations and private funders.In 2019, The Beam Foundation's spending totalled £186,499. This breaks down as follows:
- Greater London Authority
- Social Tech Trust
- Three Oaks Trust
- 13 individual funders
If you are interested in helping to fund Beam you can email our CEO [email protected].
- £168,090 spent on campaign items
- £13,244 paid to Beam Up Ltd for Beam's support costs
- £5,165 spent on admin costs and other expenses
- A further £236,058 is reserved for future expenditure on campaign items (for example, training that hasn't started yet)
- £155,229 mission support staff costs
- £293,078 technology and admin staff
- £12,832 technology costs
- £96,311 admin costs
All of this spending was funded by donations.
In 2019, Beam Up Ltd's spending totalled £557,450. This breaks down as follows:
This spending was mainly funded by our funders with a small amount covered by the optional tip on donations.
Our most recent public financial accounts are below: