4,590 people have made a donation to a campaign to date.
£678,972 has been donated in total.
Beam's supporters have funded 176 campaigns.
- 100% campaigns funded within 100 days*
- 29 days average time to fund
- £3,396 average campaign size
* excludes 1 person who withdrew whilst campaign was funding.
More info on how we define work here.
- 181 people supported
- 9.7/10 average rating of Beam experience
- 8.2/10 average job satisfaction after Beam
16 people have withdrawn so far. We track when during the journey they have withdrawn from Beam.
Read more about what happens when someone withdraws.
The 181 people on Beam have been referred by 35 partners:
12 people do not publicly list their referral organisation as disclosing this puts them at risk.
- 53 White - English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish/British
- 48 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - African
- 21 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - Caribbean
- 20 White - Other
- 8 Other ethnic group - Other
- 8 Asian / Asian British - Other
- 6 Black / African / Caribbean / Black British - Other
- 6 Mixed/ Multiple ethnic groups - White and Black African
- 6 Other ethnic group - Arab
- 5 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - White and Black Caribbean
- 3 White - Irish
- 2 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - Other
- 1 Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups - White and Asian
Learn more about Beam's diversity policy in our Diversity and Equality help section
Beam is a partnership between two organisations:
- The Beam Foundation - a registered charity that receives all donations and pays for items in the campaign budgets.
- Beam Up Ltd - a social enterprise which supports homeless people into work and builds technology.
To read about how this works, read our FAQ.
Beam collects a 10% service fee on donations. However, this leaves a significant shortfall in the cost of delivering the service which has been made up by foundations and private funders:In 2018, the Beam Foundation's spending totalled £125,558. This breaks down as follows:
- Greater London Authority
- Social Tech Trust
- Three Oaks Trust
- 13 individual funders
If you are interested in helping to fund Beam you can email our CEO [email protected].
- £106,070 spent on campaign items
- £19,488 paid to Beam Up Ltd for Beam's support costs
- A further £86,785 is reserved for future expenditure on campaign items (for example, training that hasn't started yet)
- £82,678 mission support staff costs
- £158,921 technology and admin staff
- £4,289 technology costs
- £27,436 other admin costs
All of this spending was funded by donations.
In 2018, Beam Up Ltd's spending totalled £273,324. This breaks down as follows:
This spending was mainly funded by our funders with a small amount covered by the 10% service fee on donations.
Our public financial accounts are below: